This vacancy is currently closed.
CricViz is looking for a Data Scientist to join us at the cutting edge of sports analytics. This role is remote with some travel to London required for team meetings. The role is starting ASAP. Salary competitive – depending on experience.
About the role:
- You will be using the world’s largest cricket database and working with leading cricket analysts.
- You will be analysing granular tracking data to generate new insights on player performances and team strategies.
- You will be developing metrics and models to be used by clients ranging from broadcasters to professional coaches.
- You will have full autonomy on ideas and approaches to projects.
- You may also have the opportunity to work on other sports in the business such as Tennis and Rugby.
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical models e.g. linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, neural networks
- Experience with the PyData stack (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, XGBoost, matplotlib etc.)
- Experience using relational databases and SQL
- Strong written communication skills both technical and non-technical
- Ability to manage different responsibilities and adapt to changing business needs
- Strong interest and knowledge in a variety of sports in particular cricket
Nice to have:
- Experience working with sports data
- Comfortable working with the command line
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity developing API’s
- 25 days annual holiday
- Flexible working times
- Company pension scheme
To apply, send your CV (maximum 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Data Scientist Vacancy”. Please also include 1 example of work demonstrating the above skills (e.g. blog post or GitHub repo).
The deadline for applications is 23rd July 2021.